Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have to thank my family and friends

When I was 15, my sister toured Australia. I remember asking her to bring me a Spyrogyra album. Not Michael Jackson or whoever was the flavour at the time, but Spyrogyra. Twenty years later, I am on the threshold of watching Spyrogyra live.
I’m trying to remember where exactly along the way did my musical upbringing imbibe the likes of Spyrogyra, Chic Correa and Manhattan Transfer.
At the risk of coming across as culturally pretentious or musically precocious, or both, I think I was really lucky to be exposed to such music by a combination of family and friends.

1 comment:

ro said...

Only because the thread is music, check out an album called Consolers Of The Lonely by a band called The Raconteurs.
Without a shade of doubt, they make far better music than Coldplay. And they lost out to Coldplay at the Grammys.