Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Camera shy

I have never been a big fan of photographs. I like to look at them, love to have mine taken, but hate to use a camera.
I don’t own a camera of any sort. When I travel I don’t use one either.
So, I don’t have a trail of snaps to chart the course of my eventful life until now.
I much rather enjoy the moment, totally immersed in its absurdity, perversity, joyousness, stupidity, grandiosity or whatever, rather than be capturing it from behind a lens.
The best memories are etched in the heart. And there they live forever.

2 comments:

ro said...

Wait till you own a camera mate.

noshadesofgrey said...

i totally agree with you...i don't own a camera and hate clicking photographs...i feel you forget to enjoy the moment in your zeal to capture them for posterity...