Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The best player in the world

I have been loathe to like Cristiano Ronaldo, especially after he tormented England out of the last World Cup. It took the best football coach in the world, Sir Alex Fergusson to keep him at Manchester United, and ever since, Ronaldo has gone from strength to strength and, from despised to loved to over-awed. He has been knocking on the door of the best player in the world title for most of this year. After last night’s game against Roma, I have to say it, he probably is. Nobody right now in world football is a more complete player.

1 comment:

BESTPLAYERINTHEWORLD said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I still believe that it was first Carvalho and then Cristiano who got England's best player sent off. I don't have any time for that type of gamesmanship. For me it is the same as what Materazzi did to Zidane. But everyone now seems to agree with is that Ronaldo is the best player in the world. Ironically, the player I once most despised has inspired me to start the site: thebestplayerintheworld.com. It's crazy I know. But hey, you're right, Ronaldo was deadly against Roma last night. He could have scored a second late on. And you know the guy is the best based on how Roma were targetting him with fouls. When that happens, I can only encourage him to go to ground more. What is much worse than diving is the killing of talent, the killing of the beautiful game. Peace.