Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God knows? Is it time for U2?

Watching U2 ‘live’ is like watching God put on a show. The 360 degree tour is perhaps THE ‘live’ show to catch this year. Bono’s voice, for all his political-speak, defies age and convention to still sound like it did 20 years ago on Boy. The Edge’s brilliance as a musician strikes you as he effortlessly moves between guitar and keyboards, never playing one unnecessary note. And there is Larry and Adam, always overshadowed. However, ‘live’, you see exactly why U2 is a band.
Where now for them? Home. Musically, U2 have peaked and with their latest album, plateaued.

2 comments:

ro said...

I'll be watching Roger, Sanjay and Nikhil play tomorrow. Burn! :-)

ro said...

Uh...this is embarassing, but I can't access any private email from my office. And i can't send to any private email id from my office id either! I can just receive stuff from all over. So if you have a corporate id, send it to me at id where you just mailed me and I'll be able to reply.
But for now - The Dragonette project sounded awesome. Or maybe it was just coz I was listening to them after such a long time. But still it was great to listen to them play together....just like old times. Deja fuckin Vu!