Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hey DJ, where's the music?

I am not a fan of electronic music. Fat Boy Slim is the closest a DJ comes to being a musician in my record. Alas, his show here had sound worse than anything I’ve ever heard at a major event, rendering the experience useless.
Last night I watched a bloke called Tiesto. What impressed me is that 5,000 people showed up to hear this music that is basically electronic sounds against varying drum rhythms and beat patterns. And seemed to enjoy it.
You either have to be on drugs, or if sober, then mentally unstable to like this music.

1 comment:

ro said...

I would largely agree.
However, I do sometimes enjoy the Chemical Bros. and rarely, Moby.
But all that on a CD. Going to a 'live' DJ show feels plain stupid. (Unless it's a rave party in Goa of course!)