Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I want to vote

I have voted in every Indian election since I was eligible to. This may be the first poll I will miss, unless they allow in-absentia voting. I am seriously considering flying down to cast my vote.
I have never wanted to migrate to Australia, New Zealand or Canada. I have a fondness for England, stemming from some Anglo blood far into the history of my mother’s side. I view the States with admiration and contempt, so I would love to visit. But, it’s India that is my home and India that I love and miss. I want to vote.

1 comment:

noshadesofgrey said...

If it's India you love, then why are you in Dubai? Is the lure for greener pastures stronger than your love for your motherland? It was am sure your choice and decision to move. You can relocate anywhere you like but can you really settle?